Methadone Treatment Centers Near Garland, TX
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3311 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Garland. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Garland, TX
SUBOXONE Clinic, Vital Options
318 W Farm To Market 544 Suite C4, Murphy, TX 75094Reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients speak highly of Dr. Khan's compassionate and caring approach to their addiction treatment, with many mentioning the positive impact Suboxone has had on their lives. The staff is described as helpful, understanding, and available to assist when needed. The clinic is commended for its convenient online visits, free drug tests, and guaranteed medication availability. Overall, patients feel supported, listened to, and valued at this clinic.
- Dr. Khan is caring and listens to his patients, treating their addiction with care and compassion.
- The staff at the clinic is helpful, professional, and goes above and beyond to support their patients.
- The clinic provides virtual visits and text reminders, making treatment more accessible and convenient for all patients, regardless of transportation.
New Season Treatment Center – Dallas
1050 N Westmoreland Rd Suite 330, Dallas, TX 75211Many reviewers have praised the Methadone treatment center for its professional and knowledgeable staff, who provide extensive support throughout the recovery process. Some have mentioned the effective and well-regulated Methadone doses, which have allowed them to gradually reduce their dependency on opioids. However, a few negative reviews suggest that the center could improve its administrative processes, such as scheduling and wait times.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers praised the center's staff for their expertise in treating opioid addiction with Methadone. They mentioned that the staff members were highly knowledgeable about the medication and provided a safe and supportive environment for recovery.
- Individualized treatment plans: Several reviews mentioned that the center offered personalized treatment plans tailored to each patient's unique needs. This individualized approach was considered a significant pro as it allowed for targeted treatment and better outcomes for patients.
- Convenient location and flexible scheduling: A few reviewers appreciated the center's convenient location and flexible scheduling options. They mentioned that being able to easily access the treatment center and having flexible options for appointments made it easier for them to receive the necessary care without disruptions to their daily lives.
West Tx Counseling & Rehab
2848 W Kingsley Rd B, Garland, TX 75041The overall sentiment of the reviews is positive, with one user expressing gratitude for the clinic's existence and emphasizing the importance of adhering to the rules. The clinic's new staff is highly praised for being supportive and helpful, a significant improvement from previous experiences. However, it is mentioned that patients at the clinic may still attempt to sell heroin, highlighting the ongoing difficulties of overcoming addiction.
- Strict rules and regulations help maintain a safe and drug-free environment.
- The newly hired staff is supportive and helpful in the treatment process.
MedPro Treatment Centers
405 N McDonald St STE B, McKinney, TX 75069The Methadone treatment center received mostly positive reviews, with multiple reviewers praising the friendly and respectful staff. Many reviewers mentioned the cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere of the clinic. The center was commended for its ability to quickly arrange guest dosing and for treating clients with dignity and respect. Some reviewers also highlighted the positive impact the clinic had on their recovery journey.
- Friendly and Welcoming Staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center make them feel welcome, respected, and cared for. They emphasize the kindness and compassion of the staff, which creates a positive treatment experience.
- Clean and Efficient Facility: Many reviewers note that this clinic is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. They appreciate the professionalism and organization of the staff, making the process smooth and efficient.
- Life-Saving Support: Multiple reviews express gratitude for the positive impact this center has had on their lives. Clients attribute their recovery and sobriety to the services provided by the clinic, praising the counselors and staff for their dedication and commitment to helping individuals overcome addiction.
1808 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews. Delia is mentioned as an efficient and helpful staff member. The nurses, particularly Debbie, are praised for their ability to keep everyone in line. The program is described as life-saving, with a clean and well-maintained facility. However, there are some concerns about certain individuals using the center to support their other addictions. The center is also mentioned as a place that helps individuals stay clean and off the streets, with some mentioning the need for detox.
- Staff Care and Efficiency: The center has dedicated staff, like Delia, who are praised for their efficiency and prompt resolution of any issues related to take-outs, ensuring a smooth experience for patients.
- Supportive Environment: Patients appreciate the caring and positive atmosphere created by the nurses and staff members, who are described as genuinely good people with big hearts. This creates a supportive community where everyone helps each other, contributing to a positive treatment experience and recovery.
- Valuable Tools for Success: The program equips patients with valuable tools necessary for recovery and changing their lives. The staff are described as caring and invested in their clients' progress, highlighting the program's commitment to providing effective support and resources for success in the journey towards sobriety.
Anti-Aging and Longevity Center
8021 E R L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, TX 75228This Methadone treatment center in the DFW metro area is highly praised by the reviewers. The staff is described as caring, competent, and dedicated to helping patients succeed in their recovery. Patients appreciate the personalized attention and credit the center for giving them their lives back. Overall, it is considered the best addiction clinic in the area.
- Caring and compassionate staff who are dedicated to helping patients succeed in their recovery
- Highly competent medical doctor and counseling services provided
- Previous patients have reported positive experiences and credit the center for saving their lives
West Texas Counseling & Rehabilitation
1108 Dobie Dr Suite 102, Plano, TX 75074The Methadone treatment center has been praised by long-time patients for the kind and professional manager, with one person stating they wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the program. Some patience is required on certain days. The staff, particularly Stacy, is well-regarded, although dealing with certain individuals can be upsetting. The center was commended for being accommodating to out-of-town visitors. Overall, everyone at the center has been described as nice and helpful.
- Long-standing program: This Methadone treatment center has been serving patients for over 15 years, which suggests stability and experience in providing effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- Compassionate and professional staff: The manager is described as kind and professional, and the overall staff is noted to be nice, helpful, and accommodating to out-of-town patients.
- Calm and cool demeanor: Stacy, a staff member, is praised for maintaining her composure in stressful situations, indicating a level-headed approach to handling upset patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started