Methadone Treatment Centers Near San Angelo, TX
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2282 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in San Angelo. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near San Angelo, TX
MedMark Treatment Centers San Antonio
7428 Military Dr W Suite D, San Antonio, TX 78227The majority of the reviews indicate that the staff and counselors at the Methadone treatment center are highly praised and supportive, with specific mentions of counselors Melissa and Michelle, director Lisa, and receptionist Star. There are also positive remarks about the program director, Ms. Flores, as well as the nurse, Jaime Duran. The clinic is described as efficient, with fast service, and the intake process is mentioned as being well-organized. However, there are a few negative remarks about favoritism from the front receptionist and concerns about the operating environment at the Quincy clinic.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff and counselors at the Methadone treatment center being amazing, caring, and supportive. They are praised for their compassion, dedication, and willingness to listen to clients' needs.
- Efficient and fast service: Reviewers mention that the center provides efficient, quick, and hassle-free service. They appreciate the promptness of the staff and the ability to get in and out of the center without long waits.
- Individualized treatment: Some reviews highlight specific counselors who have been particularly helpful in providing personalized and individualized treatment. Clients feel listened to and supported in their recovery journey.
New Season Treatment Center – NW San Antonio
3615 Culebra Rd, San Antonio, TX 78228The reviews for this Methadone treatment center in San Antonio are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mentioned the friendly and caring staff, particularly their counselors, and felt that the program was effective in helping them succeed in their recovery. The facility was also praised for its clean and professional environment. The only critiques mentioned were long wait times in the morning, a few negative experiences with specific counselors, and some issues with line-cutting and loitering. Overall, the reviews indicate that this treatment center is a great option for those seeking help for opioid addiction.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are professional, friendly, and caring. They work with patients and provide support throughout the treatment process.
- Comfortable and welcoming environment: Reviewers describe the center as being different from other clinics and feeling more like a medical doctor's office than a typical clinic. They mention that the atmosphere is quiet, and people are engaged in pleasant conversations. This creates a comfortable and home-like environment for patients.
- Helpful and supportive counselors: Several reviews specifically mention positive experiences with their assigned counselors, who are described as being supportive, helpful, and understanding. The counselors take the time to get to know patients individually and provide the necessary support for their recovery journey.
Alcohol & Drug Awareness Center for the Concho Valley
3553 W Houston Harte Expy, San Angelo, TX 76901ADACCV in San Angelo, Texas is highly recommended by several reviewers. The staff is described as amazing and dedicated to helping individuals struggling with addiction. The facility offers a variety of programs, including outpatient, residential, and detox, with a holistic approach that addresses the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual aspects of addiction. The counselors are praised for their understanding and ability to inspire change. ADACCV is commended for its ongoing support and success in helping individuals recover from drug and alcohol abuse.
- Top-notch facilities and variety of programs tailored to meet unique needs.
- Holistic approach to treatment, addressing physical, emotional, social, and spiritual aspects of addiction.
- Ongoing support even after completing treatment to help stay sober for the long haul.
- Dedicated staff who provide caring support and understand the struggles of addiction.
- Excellent food and helpful tech-staff and nurses.
- Strongly recommended by those who have experienced successful recovery.
- Compassionate and dedicated employees who provide life-saving treatment.
- Multi-faceted approach to combat addiction with astounding results.
- Wonderful, caring staff who support and love addicts on their journey to self-love.
- Great place to get the help someone may need, with motivated and supportive coworkers.
Abilene Absolute Recovery Solutions, OTP, Methadone & Buprenorphine Clinic
429 N Judge Ely Blvd, Abilene, TX 79601The staff at Abilene Absolute Recovery is highly praised for their caring and supportive approach towards patients. Many reviewers mention that they feel welcomed and loved by the staff, who go above and beyond to provide assistance and guidance. The clinic is described as a non-judgmental environment where patients are treated as individuals and given hope for a new life free from addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their caring and compassionate approach. They go above and beyond to make patients feel supported and valued, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- The clinic is described as a judgment-free zone where patients can feel comfortable and safe. The staff ensures confidentiality and provides honest answers based on their years of experience.
- Many reviewers mention that the treatment center has made a significant positive impact on their lives. They feel hopeful, loved, and supported, and credit the staff for helping them change their outlook on life and achieve positive changes.
Community Medical Services
437 McCarty Rd Suite 600, San Antonio, TX 78216The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center in San Antonio are positive, with most patients expressing gratitude for the respectful and kind treatment they receive from the staff. Many reviewers mention specific staff members who have been helpful and professional in their recovery journey. Some reviewers also appreciate the convenience and efficiency of the center, while a few mention concerns about staff turnover or uncertain future changes.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Quick and efficient service
- Caring and compassionate counselors
Community Medical Services
305 Ferguson Dr, Austin, TX 78753This methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from patients who credit it with saving their lives and providing support and compassion. The staff is praised for their understanding, kindness, and dedication to patient care. Some negative comments mentioned concerns about the cost and suggested improving certain aspects such as having multiple dosing windows. Overall, the majority of reviews indicate that this treatment center is effective and helpful in overcoming addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are compassionate, understanding, and genuinely care about their patients' well-being.
- The clinic provides fast and efficient service, ensuring that patients are able to dose quickly and conveniently.
- The counselors at the center are described as helpful and supportive, actively working towards the success of each individual's recovery goals.
The Journey Recovery Center
3600 Journey Dr, San Angelo, TX 76905The Methadone treatment center in question receives highly positive reviews from patients and their loved ones. The staff is described as caring, compassionate, and dedicated to the well-being and recovery of the individuals they serve. The center offers a comprehensive program that goes beyond medication, providing social services, housing assistance, and support in rebuilding one's life. The facility is praised for its comfortable accommodations, delicious food, informative classes, and overall positive atmosphere. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and highly recommend it to others seeking addiction recovery.
- The entire staff, including the kitchen team, genuinely cares for the well-being of the clients and provides a supportive environment.
- The program goes above and beyond to provide social services such as helping with clothing, glasses, a resume, and food stamps, setting clients up for success in restarting their lives.
- The program is state-funded and provides a room at no cost for those without insurance, making it accessible for individuals who may not have many resources.
The Center For Health Care Services
601 N Frio St, San Antonio, TX 78207While the management and cleanliness of the center have been criticized in some reviews, there have been noticeable improvements, especially in the cleanliness of the bathrooms and the attitude of the front desk staff. The nurses and doctor are highly praised for their professionalism. However, there is a complaint about misinformation regarding doctor availability, which is crucial for those seeking treatment. Overall, the center is recognized for providing quality healthcare and showing a genuine concern for patients' well-being.
- Improvement in cleanliness and customer service: The bathrooms have been cleaned better and the front desk personnel are nicer and smile more.
- Caring and professional staff: The counselors, nurses, and doctors at the center are described as wonderful and caring about their work.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started