Methadone Treatment Centers Near Richmond, VA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3281 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Richmond. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Richmond, VA
The Coleman Institute for Addiction Medicine - Richmond
204 N Hamilton St Suite B, Richmond, VA 23221The Coleman Institute is highly praised for their caring and knowledgeable staff who are attentive and accessible. Patients appreciate the supportive and empathetic approach, as well as the thorough explanations and helpful suggestions provided throughout the treatment process. Some reviewers did mention the issue of staff turnover and inconsistency, which affected their overall experience. However, many reviewers credit the Coleman Institute with saving their lives and recommend it for its effective detoxification programs and quality care.
- Knowledgeable and supportive staff: The staff at the Coleman Institute is highly knowledgeable about withdrawals and addiction treatment. They are understanding, caring, and dedicated to helping patients through the detox process. They provide support, information, and helpful suggestions to make the process more manageable.
- Accelerated detox program: The Coleman Institute offers an accelerated detox program that is effective in helping patients overcome opioid addiction. The program includes methadone detoxification and options for naltrexone implants to support long-term sobriety. The approach and protocols used at the center make the detox process more manageable and less painful.
- Professionalism and empathy: Many reviewers praised the professionalism and empathy of the staff at the Coleman Institute. They felt respected and treated with dignity throughout their treatment. The staff was described as caring, understanding, and non-judgmental, providing a safe and supportive environment for recovery.
Behavioral Health Group Opioid Treatment Center
13100 Mountain Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23059The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is praised for being respectful, caring, and understanding. Patients feel comfortable, safe, and supported in their recovery journey. The clinic is described as clean, professional, and efficient. Many reviewers highly recommend this center over other clinics in the area.
- Treated with dignity and respect by staff.
- Caring and compassionate staff who genuinely want to help patients succeed in their sobriety.
- Clean and professional environment with a focus on patient care.
Foundation Medical Group
1807 Huguenot Rd # 117, Midlothian, VA 23113Reviews rave about the Foundation Medical Group Methadone treatment center, praising the staff, particularly Dr. Nardone, for their incredible support and care. Patients feel respected and not judged, and appreciate the clinic's trauma-informed approach. Some mention the high cost for visits as a drawback, but overall, people are extremely grateful for the help and positive experience they've had at this center.
- The staff and doctors at Foundation Medical Group are incredibly supportive, caring, and understanding. They treat patients with respect and make them feel comfortable, creating a positive and non-judgmental environment.
- The clinic takes a trauma-informed approach, ensuring that patients feel validated and cared for from their first contact. This approach increases the probability of success for patients and sets a high standard for other healthcare facilities to strive for.
- The cost of treatment at Foundation Medical Group is lower compared to other options, making it an affordable choice for individuals seeking methadone treatment.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1510 N 28th St #101, Richmond, VA 23223CleanSlate is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who have had positive experiences with the warm, hospitable, and kind staff. The doctors are described as understanding, caring, and great listeners, and the overall atmosphere is welcoming and non-judgmental. The staff are professional, helpful, and treat patients like family, making CleanSlate a great option for those serious about recovery.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as warm, hospitable, kind, and caring. Patients felt welcomed, supported, and treated like family.
- Non-judgmental and understanding approach: The center is praised for creating a non-judgmental and welcoming environment where patients feel comfortable being honest about their addiction. The doctors are described as understanding and compassionate, and they tailor treatment plans to meet individual needs.
- Supportive and attentive staff: The staff, including physicians and nurses, are commended for their caring and attentive approach. They actively engage in conversations and listen to patients' concerns, working with them to determine the best course of action for recovery.
New Season Treatment Center – Richmond
2217 E Franklin St, Richmond, VA 23223The Methadone treatment center has a dedicated and supportive staff who go above and beyond to help their patients succeed in their recovery. The counselors are highly praised for their understanding and willingness to provide assistance, even outside of work hours. Patients appreciate the personalized treatment and the care shown by the doctor and nurses. The center is described as a supportive and helpful place for those going through the recovery process.
- The staff, including counselors, are amazing and always willing to help, even outside of work hours. They genuinely want to see patients succeed and are committed to their recovery.
- The doctors and nurses at the center are caring and work closely with patients to ensure their treatment needs are met on an individualized basis.
- Many patients appreciate specific counselors, such as Morris Wise and Edwina, for their understanding and effective support.
5001 W Village Green Dr #205, Midlothian, VA 23112The reviews for the Methadone treatment center in Midlothian are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as respectful, caring, and professional, providing a safe and supportive environment for recovery. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and highly recommend it for those seeking medication-assisted treatment. Some reviewers mention the importance of following the program and adhering to the treatment plan for success.
- Respectful and supportive staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center treat them respectfully and provide a safe, supportive environment. They feel comfortable and supported throughout their recovery journey.
- Professional and caring team: The entire team, including the doctors, receptionists, medical staff, counselors, and group leaders, is described as extremely professional and caring. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure that patients receive comprehensive and personalized treatment.
- Life-changing and effective treatment: Many reviewers credit this treatment center with saving their lives and helping them achieve long-term sobriety. They appreciate the quality of care, individualized treatment plans, and the success they have experienced in their recovery journey.
ARS of Pantops
103 S Pantops Dr Suite 102, Charlottesville, VA 22911Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers praise the staff's dedication to helping patients recover and appreciate the clean and organized setting. It is emphasized that the success of the program depends on the individual's commitment to their recovery and willingness to put in the work. The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and caring.
- The staff at the clinic genuinely cares about your recovery and wants you to succeed.
- The nurses and front desk staff are highly praised for their kindness and professionalism.
- The clinic provides a clean, neat, and organized setting for treatment.
Leesburg Treatment Services
681 Hioaks Rd suite j, Richmond, VA 23225The majority of the reviews are positive, with many reviewers praising the counselors, particularly Ms. Kimberly, for their support and guidance in their recovery journey. The treatment center is commended for providing a comfortable living environment and offering various services to aid in overcoming addiction. However, a few reviewers expressed dissatisfaction with certain counselors and the organization of the program, suggesting that communication and staffing improvements are needed. Overall, the center is described as a place of transformation and a source of hope for those seeking recovery.
- Counselors like Ms. Kimberly are highly praised for their excellent counseling and support.
- The staff is caring, supportive, and dedicated to helping clients achieve recovery.
- The program provides a safe and comfortable environment for treatment, with amenities like free housing and food.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started