Methadone Treatment Centers Near Spokane, WA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2241 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Spokane. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Spokane, WA
507 S Washington St Suite 101, Spokane, WA 99204Patients consistently praise Ideal Options for their caring and dedicated staff, particularly highlighting the helpfulness of Dr. Kat and the friendly and welcoming environment at the Washington street location. Reviewers also express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives, mentioning improved relationships, employment, and overall well-being. The staff's commitment to supporting patients on their recovery journey is highly regarded, with reviewers commending their professionalism and dedication to creating a supportive and caring atmosphere.
- Exceptional staff: The staff at Ideal Options, particularly at the Washington street location, is highly praised for being caring, supportive, and helpful. They go out of their way to assist patients in their recovery and make them feel comfortable.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional customer service they received at Ideal Options. The staff is described as welcoming, polite, and always ready to help. Patients feel valued and well-treated during their visits to the center.
Sun Ray Court
518 S Browne St, Spokane, WA 99204Overall, the majority of reviews about the Methadone treatment center are positive. Many reviewers highlight the caring and respectful staff, as well as the effective treatment program. Some mention that the center has helped them change their lives and view recovery in a new way. However, there is also a review that mentions high prices and one negative review suggesting not to go to the center.
- The staff is described as friendly, respectful, and caring.
- The treatment center is praised for its ability to help individuals with their recovery and change their perspective on addiction.
- The food at the center is mentioned as being good quality and enjoyable.
New Start Clinics - Spokane Valley
6614 E Main Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212Patients consistently praise the New Start Methadone treatment center for their caring and empathetic staff. They appreciate the personalized treatment plans and flexible appointment scheduling. The clinic is described as professional, welcoming, and efficient, with the staff going above and beyond to provide support and help patients on their recovery journey.
- Empathetic and caring staff
- Flexible appointment scheduling
- Professional and helpful providers
Spokane Comprehensive Treatment Center
4305 E Trent Ave, Spokane, WA 99212The treatment program at the Methadone center is highly regarded, with patient counselors who show genuine compassion for their patients. The facility is clean and modern, prioritizing confidential relationships. However, some reviewers mentioned that there have been changes in staff and a focus on accepting state clients, which has negatively affected the quality of care. Overall, it seems that those who follow the rules and actively participate in their recovery have found success at this center, while others who have had negative experiences may benefit from seeking treatment elsewhere.
- Patient counselors express genuine compassion for the patients.
- The facility is clean and modern with an emphasis on confidential relations.
- The clinic has been successful in helping individuals get off heroin in a kind and supportive manner.
Compassionate Addiction Treatment
168 S Division St, Spokane, WA 99202This Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its low barrier and harm reduction philosophy, with no stigma attached to addiction recovery. Reviewers appreciate the staff's non-judgmental attitude and their willingness to help individuals in whatever way they need. The center is seen as a compassionate and supportive place that has saved lives and provides opportunities for philanthropic endeavors.
- Low barrier and harm reduction philosophy: The center does not stigmatize or judge individuals seeking treatment and offers a non-judgmental and supportive environment.
- Fair assessment and personalized treatment: The center provides a fair assessment and only recommends treatment if it is necessary, ensuring that individuals receive the appropriate level of care.
- Compassionate and helpful staff: The staff at the center are described as sweet, caring, patient, and helpful, creating a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for those in need.
910 N Washington St #210, Spokane, WA 99201Overall, the Colonial Clinic seems to have a positive impact on individuals struggling with opioid addiction. Many reviewers highlight the effective treatment programs offered, including intensive outpatient programs and relapse prevention therapy. The staff at the clinic are often praised for their understanding, support, and personal experiences with addiction.
- Requires attendance at outside support groups and suggests getting a sponsor, providing a comprehensive approach to recovery.
- Offers a jump start on recovery through intensive outpatient programs, with positive experiences reported by previous clients.
- Staffed by counselors and employees who are in recovery themselves, providing a unique level of understanding and support to clients.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers, with many expressing gratitude for the positive impact the center had on their lives.
- Offers a closed group therapy setting, allowing members to build bonds of trust with each other.
- Courteous, professional, and supportive staff who are understanding and caring.
- Provides solutions and teaches healthy ways of living, giving clients a second chance at life.
- Well-established and reputable, with a considerable time in operation.
Royal Life Centers at Spokane Heights
524 E Francis Ave, Spokane, WA 99208Royal Life Treatment Center in Spokane has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients and their families praise the caring and non-judgmental staff who go above and beyond to help individuals overcome addiction. The facility is described as clean and welcoming, and patients appreciate the structured programs and wide range of activities offered during their stay. Many reviewers credit Royal Life Centers with saving their lives and providing them with the tools they needed for successful recovery. Overall, the center is highly recommended for anyone seeking effective and compassionate treatment for opioid addiction.
- Caring and compassionate staff: The reviews consistently highlight the staff's genuine care and support towards the patients. They are described as understanding, non-judgmental, and committed to helping individuals succeed in their recovery.
- Effective treatment program: Many reviewers mentioned that the treatment program at Royal Life Centers had a positive impact on their lives. They praised the detox and inpatient facilities, highlighting the progress they were able to make in a short period. The program is described as comprehensive, well-thought-out, and helpful in understanding addiction and achieving sobriety.
- Welcoming and supportive environment: The reviews mention that Royal Life Centers offers a warm and inviting atmosphere. The facility is described as clean and the staff as friendly. The center is commended for creating a familial and supportive environment, where patients can feel comfortable and receive the support they need.
8921 E Alki Ave Suite 1, Spokane Valley, WA 99212The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive, with many reviewers praising individual staff members, particularly Nikki and Mary, for their compassion and support. The staff is described as caring and understanding, and the center is commended for providing effective treatment and fast service. Many reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their recovery journey.
- Compassionate and non-judgmental staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center, particularly Nikki and Dawn, are praised for their compassion and understanding towards patients, even during difficult times like relapses or withdrawal.
- Knowledgeable and supportive providers: Providers like Mary are highly regarded for their ability to provide both medical expertise and emotional support. They are described as caring individuals who go above and beyond to help patients on their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started