Methadone Treatment Centers Near Beckley, WV
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2004 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Beckley. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Beckley, WV
Huntington Comprehensive Treatment Center
135 4th Ave, Huntington, WV 25701Overall, reviewers are positive about the Methadone treatment center. Staff are described as caring, helpful, and dedicated to helping patients. The facility is praised for its cleanliness and teamwork. Patients note that the center can be effective in helping them overcome addiction, but emphasize that one must be committed to the process for it to work. Some reviewers mention high turnover rates for counselors, and one individual mentions a discrepancy in the closing time on the website.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, creating a positive environment for patients.
- The staff is described as passionate, professional, and dedicated to helping patients reach their goals.
- The center has been successful in helping patients make positive changes in their lives and overcome addiction.
Beckley Comprehensive Treatment Center
175 Philpot Ln, Beaver, WV 25813This Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews. Many individuals have mentioned that the center has helped them get clean and turn their lives around. The staff, including the director, counselors, and nurses, are praised for their caring and supportive approach. Some reviews also highlight the sense of camaraderie and the overall positive impact of the center on clients' lives. However, there is a mention of a high turnover rate for nurses, and some reviews mention long wait times.
- The staff is dedicated and genuinely cares about the patients, providing a supportive and respectful atmosphere.
- The treatment center has a high success rate in helping individuals get clean and improve their lives, with many reviewers crediting it for saving their lives.
- The center fosters a sense of camaraderie and support among staff and patients, creating a welcoming and family-like environment.
Charleston Comprehensive Treatment Center
2157 Greenbrier St, Charleston, WV 25311The Charleston Comprehensive Treatment Center receives positive reviews for their caring and professional staff who are dedicated to helping patients overcome their opioid addiction. The center takes a holistic approach to treatment, offering comprehensive counseling services, medication assistance, medical referrals, and PEER support. While some reviewers mention difficulties with communication and the need for more transportation options, overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking lasting recovery.
- Professional and compassionate staff: The treatment center is praised for having a dedicated and caring staff who genuinely care about the well-being of their patients.
- Comprehensive and holistic approach: The center offers comprehensive counseling services, medication assistance, medical referrals, and peer support to address opioid addiction. They take into consideration the impact addiction has on families and communities, and aim to provide support beyond just overcoming addiction.
- Supportive and understanding environment: Many reviewers mention that the staff members are supportive and understanding, creating an environment where clients can thrive and achieve significant milestones in their recovery journey.
Parkersburg Comprehensive Treatment Center
184 Holiday Hills Dr, Parkersburg, WV 26104This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews, with clients praising the staff's caring and supportive attitude, the effectiveness of the treatment, and the positive impact it has had on their lives. Clients appreciate the comprehensive treatment approach that includes counseling and support. The center is described as warm and inviting, and the staff is highly praised for their dedication to helping clients with their recovery. Despite a few comments about the need for physical upgrades, overall, this treatment center is highly recommended and seen as a place that genuinely cares for its clients.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews praise the staff for their compassion, dedication, and support towards patients. They are described as being genuinely interested in patients' recovery.
- Comprehensive treatment: The clinic offers a range of treatment options, including methadone, Suboxone, and vivitrol, along with counseling. They take a client-centered approach and provide comprehensive treatment programs tailored to individual needs.
- Life-saving and positive impact: Customers have credited the clinic for helping them turn their lives around and become normal functioning members of society. The treatment has been described as effective in reducing the desire to use drugs and providing opportunities for personal growth and stability.
Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center
1609 W 3rd Ave, Williamson, WV 25661The reviews for Williamson Comprehensive Treatment Center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mention the caring and non-judgmental staff who genuinely care about helping patients recover from addiction. The strict program and structure at the center have been effective for individuals who have struggled with other methods of getting clean. The center is highly recommended for those who have had difficulties quitting cold turkey or are seeking a supportive and compassionate treatment center.
- The staff is amazing, caring, and non-judgmental. They genuinely care about the patients and help them in their recovery journey.
- The program includes strict protocols, such as daily attendance, counseling, and clean screens, which have been effective for some individuals in stopping drug use.
- The center has a committed and dedicated team, including counselors, nurses, and office staff, who provide unconditional positive regard to clients and are passionate about helping individuals with addiction.
FMRS Health Systems, Inc.
101 S Eisenhower Dr, Beckley, WV 25801This Methadone treatment center has been praised for providing services to individuals without insurance and for offering affordable medication options. Additionally, reviewers mention that the center goes above and beyond in addressing mental health concerns and prioritizing patients' needs. One review also acknowledges that the effectiveness of the program ultimately depends on the individual's willingness to seek help. Overall, the center is highly regarded for being helpful, kind, and compassionate.
- Offers affordable treatment options for those without insurance or in financial hardship.
- Provides comprehensive support for individuals with mental health issues, going above and beyond to prioritize their well-being.
- Staff members are kind, compassionate, and consistently helpful throughout the treatment process.
Lifeline Addiction Specialists
550 N Eisenhower Dr, Beckley, WV 25801The Methadone treatment center, known as Lifeline, is highly praised by multiple reviewers. The facility is described as caring, supportive, and dedicated to helping individuals overcome addiction. The staff is knowledgeable and efficient, creating a positive treatment experience.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for being caring, understanding, and professional.
- The center is known for providing individualized treatment plans based on each person's specific needs.
- Patients appreciate the quick and efficient services, with minimal waiting times.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started