Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Onalaska, WI
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Onalaska for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 89 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Onalaska can cater to your needs.
Top 7 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Onalaska, WI
AMS of Wisconsin, LLC
9532 E 16 Frontage Rd Suite 100, Onalaska, WI 54650This addiction treatment center has received praise for its caring and sincere counselors, as well as its helpful and professional staff. Many reviewers mentioned that the facility has played a crucial role in turning their lives around and that they are grateful for the support they have received. The center also stands out for its cleanliness, safety measures (such as cameras), and accommodating atmosphere.
- Caring and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the caring and professional nature of the staff at this addiction treatment center. They feel treated with respect and like actual people, which contributes to their positive experience.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers credit this center with saving their lives and helping them turn their lives around. They express gratitude for the support they received from counselors and staff members, who helped them on their path to recovery.
- Note: Some reviews mentioned negative experiences with specific staff members or administrative issues, but the overall consensus is positive about the professionalism and effectiveness of the treatment provided by the addiction treatment center.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
2635 Hemstock St, La Crosse, WI 54603The addiction treatment center has a caring and understanding staff who are non-judgmental and respectful. They provide a clean and friendly environment and offer immediate service. The center is highly praised for their professionalism and organization.
- The staff at the addiction treatment center is thoughtful, respectful, and non-judgmental, creating a supportive and understanding environment for patients.
- The center is well-organized, with polite and caring staff members who provide professional and effective treatment.
- Patients appreciate the immediate service, friendly environment, and cleanliness of the facility.
Counseling Associates, LLC
115 5th Ave S STE 301, La Crosse, WI 54601Positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the helpfulness of the staff and psychologists, with specific praise for Dr. Newton. Clients appreciate being treated as individuals rather than just case numbers and find the staff to be fantastic. Some reviewers mention feeling supported and assisted in navigating through life challenges.
- The staff and psychologists at the addiction treatment center are highly praised and considered fantastic by multiple reviewers.
- The center is commended for treating individuals as individuals, providing personalized care rather than treating them as case numbers.
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. - La Crosse
201 Main St STE 500, La Crosse, WI 54601The addiction treatment center receives positive reviews for its staff, including therapists and psychiatrists, who are described as knowledgeable, open, and understanding. The office staff is also commended for being friendly and helpful. Patients appreciate the respect and care they receive, and many express relief and gratitude for the services provided.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff, including the front desk receptionists, therapists, and psychiatrists, were all friendly, nice, and helpful.
- Positive and comfortable experience: Several reviewers mentioned feeling at ease and comfortable during their appointments, with therapists being described as wonderful, kind, knowledgeable, and caring. This indicates a positive and supportive environment for treatment.
Garrison Counseling Inc
319 Main St #400, La Crosse, WI 54601The addiction treatment center has a knowledgeable and trustworthy counselor named Kristie who has made a drastic impact on one person's recovery journey. The staff is friendly and the center provides easily accessible support with flexible appointment scheduling.
- Trustworthy and knowledgeable counselor - Kristie, a counselor at the center, is highly regarded for her expertise and has been a significant help for many individuals.
- Accessible and supportive - The center is known for providing wonderful support and easily accessible appointments, making it convenient for those seeking treatment.
1101 8th St S, La Crosse, WI 54601The addiction treatment center has a warm and welcoming community that makes patients feel at ease, even if they are far from home.
- Welcoming community: Multiple reviewers praised the addiction treatment center for having a welcoming and inclusive community, making individuals feel at home even if they were far away from their own homes.
Adult & Teen Challenge of Western Wisconsin
2507 Weston St, La Crosse, WI 54601Customers consistently praised the addiction treatment center for its knowledgeable and caring staff. Many reviewers mentioned how the center provided a comfortable and supportive environment, helping them on their journey to recovery. The treatment programs and therapies offered were highly regarded, with several customers highlighting their effectiveness in achieving long-term sobriety.
- Effective and Comprehensive Treatment: Many reviewers expressed satisfaction with the center's approach to addiction treatment, praising its effectiveness and comprehensive programs. Users reported positive results and successful recovery journeys, indicating that the center has a strong track record in helping individuals overcome substance abuse.
- Supportive and Caring Staff: Numerous reviews highlighted the supportive and caring nature of the center's staff members. Users appreciated the compassion and understanding shown by the staff, stating that the team played a crucial role in their recovery process. The staff's dedication and commitment to helping individuals on their journey to sobriety were emphasized by multiple reviewers.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started