Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Wausau, WI
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Wausau for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 52 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Wausau can cater to your needs.
Top 4 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Wausau, WI
Wausau Comprehensive Treatment Center
210 Washington St, Wausau, WI 54403The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the kind and compassionate staff who do their best for the patients. The one-on-one therapy sessions and group therapy are overseen by a specialized medical doctor. The counselors go above and beyond to help patients cope with addiction problems and are even known to assist with finding homes and meals.
- The nursing and front desk staff are kind and compassionate, providing excellent support to patients.
- The clinic offers medication-assisted rehabilitation for opioid dependency, including one-on-one therapy sessions and group therapy overseen by a specialized medical doctor.
Koinonia Residential Treatment Center
1991 E Winnebago St, Rhinelander, WI 54501The positive reviews highlight the caring and professional staff at the addiction treatment center. They mention the effective tools and support provided by the center, emphasizing the importance of individual effort in the recovery process. Some reviewers attribute their successful sobriety to the knowledge and skills gained at the center.
- The staff at Koinonia are caring and supportive, providing tools and guidance for long-term recovery.
- The treatment center offers a variety of activities and outside recovery groups that can help individuals on their journey to sobriety.
- The program has affordable pricing and is focused on the well-being of the clients, rather than making profit.
420 3rd St S, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495The addiction treatment center has a welcoming and kind staff, and appointments can be easily scheduled to accommodate individual needs. The facility is clean and well-maintained. The location is also praised for being conveniently situated near a river in a vintage building. The clinical services team is commended for their compassion, professionalism, and competence.
- Friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center is friendly and kind. This creates a welcoming environment for individuals seeking help.
- Accommodating appointments: According to a review, the center is flexible in scheduling appointments, allowing clients to receive treatment that fits around their schedule.
- Clean facilities: One review specifically mentions that the center is very clean, which is an important factor in providing a safe and hygienic environment for recovery.
Inpatient Rehab at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
333 Pine Ridge Blvd, Wausau, WI 54401The addiction treatment center received high praise for its top-quality care and professionalism from a recent patient. The nurses, therapists, and doctors provided exceptional support during the recovery process. The reviewer highly recommends this inpatient rehabilitation center to anyone in need.
- Excellent level of care: Multiple reviewers praise the addiction treatment center for providing top-notch care and professionalism. This indicates that the staff, including nurses, therapists, and doctors, are dedicated to helping individuals recover from substance abuse.
- Highly recommended for inpatient rehabilitation: One reviewer highly recommends the center for inpatient rehabilitation. This suggests that the addiction treatment center is effective in providing comprehensive treatment and support for individuals in need of intense rehabilitation services.
- Exceptional staff: The level of care and professionalism provided by the nurses, therapists, and doctors is described as exceptional. This demonstrates that the staff at the addiction treatment center is knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated to the well-being of their patients.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started