Methadone Treatment Centers Near Milwaukee, WI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2904 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Milwaukee. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Milwaukee, WI
Roots Counseling Services - Milwaukee Drug and Alcohol Rehab
1681 N Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202Roots Recovery, a Methadone treatment center, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews praising its life-saving programs, supportive staff, and sense of community. Many reviewers credit Roots for helping them or their loved ones overcome addiction, develop life skills, and find stability. The center is highly recommended as a place to get sober and receive ongoing support for long-term recovery.
- Roots Counseling and Roots Housing have been successful in helping individuals overcome addiction and achieve long-term sobriety. Multiple reviewers credit Roots with saving their lives and turning their lives around.
- The staff at Roots are described as amazing, supportive, and dedicated to their clients' recovery. They provide guidance, patience, and help throughout the recovery process.
- Roots offers a comprehensive program that includes counseling services and stable, productive sober living options. Reviewers mention that being in a stable living environment provided by Roots was a crucial factor in their success in staying sober.
West Grove Clinic, SC
10012 W Capitol Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53222The Methadone treatment center has received highly positive reviews from patients, with a particular focus on the psychiatrist Ariella Danowski. Patients describe her as caring, compassionate, and attentive, and credit her with helping them significantly improve their mental health. The center also offers a multi-faceted approach to wellness, including therapy and support, and has a friendly and professional staff that treats clients with respect. Overall, the center is praised for its positive impact on addiction recovery and mental well-being.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center, particularly Ariella Danowski, are friendly, compassionate, and understanding. They make patients feel comfortable and provide the support needed for their recovery journey.
- Experienced and knowledgeable providers: The providers at this treatment center, such as Ariella Danowski and Dr. Kurter, are highly skilled and trained. They have helped patients with various mental health and addiction issues, providing effective treatment and personalized care.
- Comprehensive treatment approach: Unlike some other centers, this treatment center offers a multi-faceted approach to wellness, including medication, therapy, and support. They go beyond just providing medication and prioritize the overall well-being of their patients.
6416 S Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Both Anna Boteva and Dr. Kurter are highly praised for their compassion, professionalism, and effectiveness in treating opioid addiction. The staff at the center is described as friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Overall, patients have had exceptional experiences at this clinic and highly recommend it for addiction treatment.
- Compassionate and caring staff, including therapists like Anna Boteva and Dr. Kurter, who genuinely care about their clients and go above and beyond to help them.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors who have expertise in diagnosing and treating mental health and addiction issues.
- Friendly and supportive staff, including front desk personnel, who create a welcoming environment and are always ready to address any questions or concerns.
Community Medical Services
2814 S 108th St, West Allis, WI 53227This Methadone treatment center is highly rated by many reviewers. The clinic's hours, compassionate staff, and flexibility in treatment are praised. Some reviewers mention that the clinic has improved over time and express gratitude for the support they received. Overall, the staff is described as friendly, helpful, and understanding.
- Extended Hours: The clinic has convenient hours from 4am to 6pm, 7 days a week, making it easier for patients to schedule their methadone treatments.
- Friendly and Supportive Staff: The staff is described as friendly, helpful, and understanding, providing a supportive environment for patients.
- Improvement and Dedication: The clinic has made improvements and shown dedication to their patients' well-being, including addressing challenges and providing compassionate care.
10th Street Comprehensive Treatment Center
4800 S 10th St, Milwaukee, WI 53221The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its caring and understanding staff, who are praised for their patience and support. The wait times for medication are acknowledged, but patients compare it to waiting for their drug of choice and emphasize the importance of compliance with the rules. The program and medication are credited with helping in the recovery process and improving lives. Overall, the clinic is recommended for its effectiveness and respectful treatment of patients.
- The staff is caring, nice, and treats patients with respect, regardless of their past problems.
- The clinic provides the necessary help and education to those who comply with the rules, enabling them to gain a lot of assistance in overcoming addiction.
- The program at the clinic, in addition to the medication, has helped individuals maintain sobriety, making it highly recommended by previous patients.
ASAP Addiction Services And Pharmacotherapy - West Allis
11390 W Theo Trecker Way, West Allis, WI 53214The Methadone treatment center, ASAP, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, including doctors, nurses, and counselors, are praised for their professionalism, care, and respect towards patients. Many reviewers mention how this center is superior to other clinics they have been to, and they feel supported and valued throughout their recovery journey. The facility is described as clean, organized, and welcoming, providing a calm and peaceful atmosphere for patients. Overall, reviewers highly recommend ASAP for those seeking Methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
- Highly professional and caring staff: The clinic has received consistent praise for their incredible staff, including doctors, nurses, and counselors who are described as professional, respectful, and dedicated. They prioritize the well-being and recovery of their patients, creating a supportive and compassionate atmosphere.
- Short wait times and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that the clinic offers quick and hassle-free dosing, with minimal wait times. Patients appreciate the clinic's efficiency and on-time appointments, which considers their time and helps create a balanced structure for their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started