Methadone Treatment Centers Near Pleasant Prairie, WI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1848 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Pleasant Prairie. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Pleasant Prairie, WI
Community Medical Services
2814 S 108th St, West Allis, WI 53227This methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the clinic for its convenient hours, helpful staff, and compassionate approach to treatment. While there have been some challenges, particularly with capacity and COVID-19, reviewers emphasize the importance of taking responsibility for one's own recovery and treating staff and fellow patients with respect. Overall, this clinic is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Wide range of hours: The clinic has convenient hours from 4 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week, making it easier for patients to access their methadone treatment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at the clinic is highly praised for their friendliness, willingness to help, and expertise in treating addiction. Patients appreciate their compassion and understanding.
- Commitment to patient care: Despite facing challenges, such as COVID-19 and capacity issues, the clinic's staff remains dedicated to providing quality care. They prioritize patient well-being and work towards creating a positive environment for recovery.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
7201 Green Bay Rd D, Kenosha, WI 53142The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers appreciate the understanding, compassionate, and professional staff who treat them with respect. The center is highly recommended for those seeking help with addiction recovery. However, one reviewer advises caution in trusting the staff completely, emphasizing the importance of being aware that their primary goal may be making money.
- The staff is amazing, understanding, and treat patients with respect.
- The doctors listen and work with what is best for the patient's recovery.
- The clinic is described as a place that helps patients get back on track.
10th Street Comprehensive Treatment Center
4800 S 10th St, Milwaukee, WI 53221Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Many reviewers appreciate the caring and understanding staff, as well as the ability to receive the help they need. They acknowledge that there may be some wait times, but understand that it is worth it considering the alternative. Compliance with the rules is emphasized as the key to a successful experience at the clinic.
- The staff at the clinic is caring, understanding, and respectful towards patients, regardless of their past problems.
- The program at the clinic, along with the medication provided, has helped many people stay sober and regain control of their lives.
- The clinic provides a safe and supportive environment for individuals seeking help with opioid addiction.
ASAP Addiction Services And Pharmacotherapy - West Allis
11390 W Theo Trecker Way, West Allis, WI 53214ASAP Methadone treatment center in Milwaukee is highly praised by reviewers for its exceptional staff, including counselors, doctors, and nurses who are described as compassionate and professional. Patients feel respected and well-cared for, with a focus on individualized treatment. The clinic stands out for its efficient and organized processes, with minimal wait times and a clean and welcoming atmosphere. Overall, reviewers highly recommend ASAP for its commitment to helping patients on their recovery journey.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the staff, including counselors, doctors, and nurses, at this Methadone treatment center are dedicated, caring, and respectful. They advocate for their patients' well-being, treat them like real human beings, and demonstrate compassion and understanding throughout their recovery journey.
- Efficient and organized: The clinic is praised for its efficiency and organization. Patients state that they experience low wait times, quick and hassle-free dosing, and appointments that start on time. This demonstrates that the center values the patients' time and ensures a smooth and streamlined treatment process.
- Comfortable and supportive atmosphere: The clinic is described as a welcoming and supportive environment where patients feel like they are part of a family. The facility is clean, and the staff creates a calm atmosphere that contributes to a positive recovery experience. Patients appreciate the non-judgmental and friendly approach of the staff, which helps them feel comfortable and supported.
West Milwaukee Comprehensive Treatment Center
1610 Miller Park Way, West Milwaukee, WI 53214The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from users who credit methadone for helping them stay clean and live a successful drug-free life. The center is praised for its clean and professional environment, as well as the quality of the staff. Patients appreciate the support provided and are looking forward to continuing their journey towards recovery.
- Effective methadone treatment: Many reviewers mentioned that methadone helped them stay clean from opiates and live a successful drug-free life.
- Professional and quality staff: Reviewers praised the clean and professional environment of the treatment center and appreciated the helpful and supportive staff.
- Comprehensive support: The center offers both group and individual counseling, which helps patients on their journey towards becoming drug-free.
Waukesha Comprehensive Treatment Center
2422 N Grandview Blvd, Waukesha, WI 53188Overall, the majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Clients appreciate the friendly and supportive staff, with specific mentions for certain counselors and nurses. The center is credited with helping individuals get and stay clean, and there are several instances of gratitude expressed towards the clinic. Some reviewers emphasize the caring nature of the staff and their dedication to patient recovery. However, there was one mention of dissatisfaction with weekend hours and a mention of specific staff members being exceptional.
- Friendly and supportive staff who are willing to work with clients and care about their recovery.
- The clinic provides effective treatment and has helped many patients get clean and stay clean.
- Patients appreciate the caring and respectful attitude of the staff and counselors.
West Grove Clinic
1400 75th St, Kenosha, WI 53143The Methadone treatment center has a team of caring and understanding staff members who go above and beyond to help their patients. Many reviewers specifically praise individual providers, such as Ariella Danowski and Kim, for their exceptional support and dedication. The clinic is commended for its positive impact on mental health, addiction recovery, and for changing the stigma surrounding addiction and mental illness.
- The providers at this Methadone treatment center, such as Ariella Danowski and Pam Kexel, are highly praised for their understanding, helpfulness, and non-judgmental approach towards patients.
- The staff, including receptionist/medical assistant Linda, are described as caring, respectful, and treating patients as equals.
- The center is known for their focus on uplifting the community, changing the stigma of mental illness and addiction, and providing genuine care for their clients.
River's Shore Comprehensive Treatment Center
3707 N Richards St, Milwaukee, WI 53212The Methadone treatment center has a quick intake process and some positive reviews about the helpful staff, particularly mentioning Sheila. Several reviewers mentioned that the program was effective for them in turning their lives around. The clinic was praised for its respectful and professional staff. Overall, the center seems to have a positive impact on patients who are serious about recovering from opioid addiction.
- Quick access to treatment: Multiple reviews mention that you can get into the Methadone treatment center quickly, suggesting that it is efficient in accepting new patients.
- Supportive staff: Many reviewers express their appreciation for the staff, emphasizing their professionalism, care, and helpfulness. This suggests that the staff members at the center are compassionate and dedicated to assisting patients in their recovery journey.
- Life-changing outcomes: Several reviewers mention that the treatment program at the center has had a significant positive impact on their lives, aiding them in overcoming addiction and improving their overall well-being. This indicates that the center's approach and services have been successful for many individuals.
Community Medical Services
1333 College Ave, South Milwaukee, WI 53172The Methadone treatment center, College Avenue, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from clients. The staff is highly praised for their caring and compassionate approach, going above and beyond to support clients in their recovery journey. The clinic is described as clean, welcoming, and well-decorated, with ample parking available. However, there is a cautionary note about the West Allis branch becoming overcrowded, but overall, the staff is highly regarded.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is caring, compassionate, and treats patients with respect.
- The clinic provides a welcoming and clean environment, with ample parking available.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started