Methadone Treatment Centers Near Plover, WI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2895 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Plover. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Plover, WI
Community Medical Services
2814 S 108th St, West Allis, WI 53227The reviews for this Methadone treatment center overall have been very positive. Many reviewers mention the helpful and friendly staff, flexible hours of operation, and compassionate approach to treatment. Some reviewers also note that the clinic has made improvements over time and express gratitude for the support they have received.
- Convenient hours: The clinic has hours from 4am to 6pm, 7 days a week, making it easier for patients to access treatment.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff is described as friendly, compassionate, and understanding. They are praised for their willingness to help and their expertise in treating addiction.
AMS of Wisconsin, LLC
9532 E 16 Frontage Rd Suite 100, Onalaska, WI 54650The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with many describing it as a life-saving and life-changing place. The staff is praised for being knowledgeable, friendly, and supportive, and the counselors are mentioned multiple times as being instrumental in the recovery process. The clinic is also commended for its cleanliness, safety measures, and privacy for patients. Some reviews even mention that they prefer traveling long distances to this clinic over closer options because of the excellent staff and overall experience. However, there is one negative review that suggests improvements for another clinic and advises that this clinic is not suitable for those who are not serious about recovery.
- The staff is professional, caring, and treats patients like actual people.
- The clinic is clean, safe, and has cameras for added security.
- The counselors are supportive and helpful in the recovery process.
Appleton Comprehensive Treatment Center
3301 N Ballard Rd # B, Appleton, WI 54911The Methadone treatment center has been highly praised by reviewers. They highlight the extensive support and resources provided by the program, including counseling for various issues, personalized care from the staff, and a doctor who is highly regarded. Reviewers mention the importance of being ready to put in the effort and work required for recovery, but they also emphasize that the center provides the necessary tools for success. The staff, particularly the receptionist Jo Jo and counselor Ashley, receive special mentions for their exceptional support. Overall, the center is described as clean, helpful, and a life-saving resource for those struggling with opioid addiction.
- Comprehensive program: Offers more than just medication, with amazing groups and counselors that help with various aspects of recovery including triggers, housing, family problems, legal issues, and insurance.
- Supportive staff: The dosing nurses and other staff members are welcoming and genuinely care about the patients' recovery, taking the time to get to know them personally.
- Respectful and helpful environment: Patients feel respected and treated well at the center, making a positive impact on their recovery journey. The counselors and staff are described as very helpful and willing to listen to the patients' stories and concerns.
Green Bay Comprehensive Treatment Center
2357 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303The Methadone treatment center is highly praised by multiple reviewers. They highlight the caring and compassionate counselors who provide excellent treatment plans and support for their recovery journeys. The center is commended for its comprehensive approach, closely monitoring patients and providing a supportive environment. The recent move to a new building has also improved wait times and the overall appearance of the clinic.
- Compassionate and caring counselors who genuinely care about their patients and treat them as individuals.
- Comprehensive treatment plans that focus on both physical and mental health, providing a well-rounded approach to recovery.
- Efficient and quick service with reduced wait times after moving to a new location.
Madison East Comprehensive Treatment Center
5109 World Dairy Dr, Madison, WI 53718The nurses and staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly supportive and have helped many patients turn their lives around. The center has made significant improvements in reducing waiting times and has a strong and dedicated team of employees. While some reviewers mentioned issues with the center's hours of operation and occasional long lines, overall the treatment program receives positive reviews for its effectiveness and the caring and professional staff.
- Supportive and caring staff: The nurses and staff at the center are described as very supportive and attentive to patients' needs. They provide the necessary support for patients to turn their lives around and hold jobs while on treatment.
- Improved waiting times and efficient service: The center has made significant improvements in reducing waiting times, with most patients being able to get in and out within five minutes. This improvement is highly appreciated by the reviewers.
- Professional and compassionate leadership: The current management staff is commended for being professional, reasonable, and effective. They are seen as responsive to patients' concerns and create an environment of trust, making the overall experience better.
10th Street Comprehensive Treatment Center
4800 S 10th St, Milwaukee, WI 53221The staff at this Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their caring and understanding attitudes. Many reviewers appreciate the help and education they receive at the center, and credit it with saving their lives. The long wait times for medication are seen as a minor inconvenience compared to the positive impact the center has on their recovery.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is praised for being caring, nice, understanding, and respectful, creating a comfortable and supportive environment for patients seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The program at this clinic is effective and has helped many individuals maintain sobriety, with one reviewer highly recommending it to others.
- Patients who comply with the rules and regulations of the clinic report having no problems and appreciate the availability of such a facility for receiving help and potentially avoiding fatal consequences.
ASAP Addiction Services and Pharmacotherapy - Madison
210 E Olin Ave, Madison, WI 53713The majority of reviews for the Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with patients expressing gratitude for the caring and attentive staff. Many reviewers specifically praised Dr. Harkin for his dedication to their recovery and the compassion he showed towards their individual situations. The clinic was often described as a welcoming and supportive environment, with staff members treating patients like individuals, not just numbers. However, there were a couple of negative comments that mentioned a possible decline in the level of care as the clinic has grown in size. Overall, the reviews overwhelmingly recommend ASAP as one of the best Methadone treatment centers in the area.
- The staff and doctors at ASAP genuinely care about their patients' recovery and treat them with kindness and respect.
- Patients appreciate the accessibility of the staff and doctor, as they can easily reach out for help and support when needed.
Psychological Addiction Services, LLC
3113 E Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53704This Methadone treatment center in Madison receives highly positive reviews from patients. The staff and counselors are praised for their caring and compassionate approach, making patients feel valued and supported throughout their recovery journey. The clinic is commended for being responsive, well-organized, and without long wait times. Overall, patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their lives.
- Staff treats patients with respect and dignity, making them feel welcomed and valued.
- Clinic has a supportive and caring environment, with counselors and staff going above and beyond to help patients on their recovery journey.
- Clinic is well-organized, with quick intake processes and minimal wait times.
Community Medical Services
23 W Scott St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935The majority of reviewers praised this Methadone treatment center for its knowledgeable and compassionate staff who provided effective treatment for their opioid addiction. There were several positive comments about the welcoming and non-judgmental atmosphere, making patients feel comfortable and supported. However, a few reviewers mentioned long wait times and occasional organizational issues, which detracted from an otherwise positive experience at the center.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly knowledgeable and experienced in opioid addiction treatment. They are compassionate and understanding, providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment for patients.
- The center offers a comprehensive and individualized treatment program that includes not only Methadone maintenance, but also counseling and therapy services. This holistic approach helps patients address the underlying causes of their addiction and develop effective coping strategies for long-term recovery.
- Patients have reported significant improvements in their overall well-being and quality of life after receiving treatment at this center. The Methadone program has helped them stabilize their lives, reduce cravings, and regain control over their addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started